Representatives of the organization “Public reforms” took part in the roundtable discussion “self-government reforms and decentralization of power in Ukraine”. Discussion of activity and development prospects of territorial communities in Ukraine, which took place on November 12 in Kiev.
Among the guests were international participants:
- Marchin Sventsitsky, head of Polish experts group of self-government reforms and decentralization of power, a deputy of Sejm of the Republic of Poland;
- Woytsekh Misong, deputy Minister of Finance (1989-1994) of Leshik Baltserowich on autonomous bodies finances, advisor of the Head of the Supreme Chamber of Control of the Republic of Poland;
- Andzhey Poravski, director of the Bureau of Association of Polish Cities, secretary of the General Commission of the Government and Self-government of the Republic of Poland;
- Gzhegosh Kubalsky, expert, Association of Polish powiats (counties);
- Markiyan Zhelyak, manager of the Ukrainian - Polish working group on reforms of self-government and decentralization of power in Ukraine.
15.30 - 16.00 Registration
16.00 - 16.10 – Opening remarks of the head of the project “International Open University Maidan”, organizer of the roundtable discussion, Lyudmila Hutsol.
16.10 - 16.20 – Opening remarks of the manager of the Ukrainian - Polish working group on reforms of self-government and decentralization of power in Ukraine Markiyan Zhelyak.
16.20 - 16.35 – About the work of the expert group and the Polish self-government reform. Reasons of success. Failures. Results. Marchin Sventsitsky.
16.35 - 16.50 – Strong communities – their own money. Decentralization of public finances. Woytsekh Misong.
16.50 - 17.05 – Territorial communities in Ukraine: activity, problems. What Polish experience can be used in Ukraine? Gzhegosh Kubalsky.
17.05 - 17.20 – Ukrainian reform: content, prospects. Andzhey Poravski.
17.20 - 17.55 – Discussion17.55 - 18.00 – Resolution
Introducing a photo report of the past event.
Date: 7 May 2018
Date: 15 June 2015
Date: 10 March 2015
Date: 25 February 2015
Date: 3 February 2015